Two Big-Priced Horses Sell at OBS

[复制链接]
阿尔萨兰 发表于 2016-6-16 21:50:12 [显示全部楼层] 回帖奖励 倒序浏览 阅读模式 2 1103

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x

Photo: Joe DiOrioHip 476 by Uncle Mo brought $350,000

In quick succession, two horses sold for $350,000 and $370,000 during the second session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale June 15.
Agent Nick Hines, on behalf of an undisclosed new owner, signed the slip at $370,000 for Hip 484, a Candy Ride colt produced from a sister to grade III winner Great War Eagle and whose second dam is Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) winner Cash Run. He was consigned by Bobby Dodd, agent.
Bred in Kentucky by Town & Country Farms, the colt was bought by Grand Oaks for $185,000 at the Keeneland September yearling sale. The $370,000 sale is the second-highest so far. The auction runs through June 17.
Just before that colt sold, California owner Martha Dugan bought anUncle Mo  colt for $350,000. Consigned as Hip 476 by Classic Bloodstock, the colt was bred in Kentucky by Betz/Kidder/Lamantia and had been bought by Chris Drakos for $100,000 from the Betz Thoroughbreds consignment at the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Hines said the Candy Ride colt, who will likely race in California with a trainer that has yet to be selected, has all the qualities buyers want.
“He is a very athletic-looking colt,” Hines said. “He checked all the boxes—conformation, attitude—he’s a winner. We were prepared to go further, but he was in comfort zone as far as what we spent. In this type of sale the good ones stand out.”
Dugan, who was assisted in the purchase of the Uncle Mo colt by bloodstock agent Michel Everett, said she wanted a colt with potential to win the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
“We’re going to win the Derby with him next year,” said Dugan, who said she has not decided who will train the colt in Southern California. “We’re going after the Derby one last time. We’ll see what happens.”
“I thought he might bring a little more but this sale has been soft," said Classic Bloodstock's Danzel Brendemuehl. "I am glad these people bought this horses because he is a Derby-type horse. He gets over the ground great. He does everything tright. He has a great mind.”

微博:http://weibo.com/wanggiyan/

已有(2)人评论

跳转到指定楼层

主题

回帖

积分

版主

仟駟酋长

积分

小马勋章乳马勋章壮马勋章快马勋章野马勋章卡巴金的串勋章卡巴金勋章顿河大种马勋章蒙古蛇盘腿勋章汗血千里马勋章超级大马疯勋章版主勋章超级版主勋章

QQ
阿尔萨兰 发表于 2016-6-16 21:57:39