你要投身马术行业?来听听George Morris的建议(二)

[复制链接]

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
20条George Morris的建议For Prospective Horseman

“永远不要将不同的学生或马匹放在一起作比较。比较是会让人不舒服的,每个人和每匹马都有自己独特的地方与优势。” ——George H. Morris

1.jpg

George H. Morris(1938.2.26—),是美国知名的马术骑手、教练和裁判员,曾任美国场地障碍国家马术队领队及总教练。1960年罗马奥运会代表美国队获团体银牌。数十次国家冠军队成员,赢得过传统大赛德国亚琛及加拿大卡尔加里的冠军。14岁就成为最年轻的美国国家队冠军。曾带领美国队获得2004年雅典奥运会和2008年北京奥运会团体金牌,2006年FEI世界马术大会个人和团体银牌。他的学生遍及世界各地,取得过不计其数的世界马术障碍赛冠军,其中包括著名的美国骑手 Beezie Madden 和德国骑手 Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum。Morris 还曾被英国马术杂志《马术师实践》誉为世纪骑手,深受马术圈内人士的敬重。

我一直觉得能够成为一名马术爱好者是一项特殊礼遇,而能够成为一名专业马业从业者则更是一项极罕见的特别礼遇。

下面所述的观点是我对一名专业马术人士应具备素质的看法:(接上期)

1、永远不要对动物采用“不人道”的方式,在训练马匹时,必要情况下你可以强有力,有纪律,有要求,但永远不要“不人道”。

2、把你自己以及你周围的一切搞得整洁有序,大多数人都是邋遢鬼。

3、尊重所有工作人员。努力工作,他们也会同样尊重你。

4、在马房尽可能杜绝流言蜚语和背后捅刀子的人,如果发现,开掉这样的人。

5、永远不要将不同的学生或马匹放在一起作比较。比较是会让人不舒服的,每个人和每匹马都有自己独特的地方与优势。

6、走出去,到各种赛事与不同地方去看马,这样会提高你的眼力。

7、永远要准时,如此才能培养出尊重。

2.jpg

8、无论你的任务是什么,无论任务是大是小,要尽你的最大努力去做,高质量的工作会比差劲的工作多出10倍工作量,然而机会也会多出10倍。

9、在马匹周围不要跑,不要开快车,在马房周围不要有太多噪音。因为骑马、教学和训练应该在安静的,能够让人精力集中的环境中进行。教练能够“观察”他的学生,骑手能够“倾听”他的马匹。

10、 在马匹周围不应该有酒精、毒品、烟草的出现,我年纪越大,越见识到了更多这些东西造成的危害。

11、骑马是一项专业运动。保持你的好身材。要鼓励人们追求专业运动员的素质。

12、偷其他马场的马工这一行为与偷其他马场的客户一样是无耻低级的表现。

13、帮助一位骑手、马主或是员工去获得一个好机会是一件好事,可以通过广告、推荐与优质的服务取得效果。

3.jpg

14、要记住专业马术人士会与其他专业马术人士相处很多年,一个专业人士的网络,会有专业人士的道德标准,要经得起时间的检验,不要破坏这些标准,不要把桥烧毁,否则你会付出代价的!

15、 好好对待他们——马匹、员工、学生、客户、兽医、供货商、裁判、行政人员,这样他们才会好好对待你。

16、 在这个行业里,年轻人应当多观察,多听,多学习。而不要过早、过多和过于大声地发表自己的意见。行动胜于语言,人们只会看你拿出的作品。

17、不要不公平地批评其他人的马匹。

4.jpg

18、对于你所提供的服务要有合理的定价。

19、永远不要忘记那些曾经在马术事业中帮助过你的人,父母、其他专业人士、教练和马主,感激与尊重是伟大的品德。

20、我们每个人都会犯错,不论是在哪个领域犯错,只要你愿意从错误中去学习,犯错就没什么可怕的。
在我看来,能成为一名专业马术人士是世界上最棒的事情,我的大半生时间能作一名专业的马术人士,我感到非常荣幸。

(结束)

Advice For The Prospective Horseman(二)

I feel that being a horseman is a privilege, and being a professional horseman is a rare privilege indeed.

Here are some of my beliefs about what a professional horseman should be :

1. Never be inhumane to an animal. Yes, be a strong, disciplined, demanding trainer with a horse if necessary, but never inhumane.

2. Be a "neat - nik " with yourself and everything around you. Most people are
slobs!

3. Treat all staff with respect . They will respect you if you work as hard or harder than them. Familiarity breeds contempt.

4. Curtail gossip and backstabbing in the barn as much as possible. Get rid of people who do this.

5. Never compare students or horses. Comparisons are odious. Each has his own good.

6. Go out and look for and at horses; it improves your eye.

7. Always be on time. It breeds respect.

8. Whatever your task is, be it big or small, do it to the best of your ability. Quality work will bring you 10 times more work than poor work.

9. Never run or drive fast around horses. Motorized vehicles and the noise they make have little place around stables. Riding, teaching and training should be quiet and concentrated.Teachers must be able to "watch" their pupils, and riders must be able to "listen" to their horses.

10. Alcohol, drugs and smoking have no place around horses. The older I get, the more destructive I see these things are.

11. Riding is an athletic endeavor. Stay thin! Inspire people to be athletes.

12. The only thing sleazier than blatantly romancing and stealing a customer is doing the same thing to a groom.

13. Helping a rider, owner or staff achieve a better opportunity is good, though. This can be done through advertising, word of mouth, or excellence of service.

14. Remember that professionals must live with other professionals for a very, very long time. A professional network, with professional ethics, has stood the test of time. Don't violate this. Don't burn bridges. It will come back to haunt you.

15. Do to others-horses, staff, students, clients, veterinarians, trades people, judges, administrators - as you would want them to do to you.

16. Young people in the business should watch, listen and learn.They shouldn't voice their opinions too much, too loudly, or too soon. Actions speak louder than words. It's what you produce that tells the tale.

17. Don't unfairly criticize other people's horses.

18. Charge correctly for your services so you can pay your bills.

19. Never forget or lose respect for the people who helped with giving you a "leg up" in the horse business, especially parents, other professionals, teachers and owners. Appreciation and respect are great virtues.

20. We've all made mistakes in these and other areas. Mistakes are fine if we're willing to learn from them.

There has never been such a thing as to be a good professional horseman. I'm just honored that it was my lot in life to be one at all.

(End)

来源:天星调良马术

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈