北京永定河冬季耐力赛 In honour of the horses

[复制链接]
Galbie 发表于 2009-11-30 13:06:00 [显示全部楼层] 回帖奖励 倒序浏览 阅读模式 7 2780

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x

We wish to honour the horses who took part in this race with us. They were courageous and hard working, determined and selfless in their long and difficult task in getting us through the race:

This is "Big Bun". He is a 10 yr old from Mongolia. He is a bit stubborn, but very good at cantering and an excellent follower! He loves carrots and corn and is a very smart horse.

This is Big Bun with Rider 60. You can see how muscular Big Bun is, but on the thin side. The guys we rented these horses from said they were purposely kept so skinny so they can finish the race. I must say I disagree on this part. I think Big Bun could have been better fed and nourished.

This is Black Beauty and Rider 73. Black beauty is a very gentle horse who likes to follow and can canter very fast. Not a pushy fellow.

This is "Puppy". Puppy is a beautiful red horse, gentle as a puppy but a good leader horse. He is capable of consistant fast trott and can do very well in an endurance race. His biggest fan is Big Bun who loves to follow him around. These two horses are inseparable!

Puppy with rider 67 who is brushing him up. Puppy loves a good brush and would close his eyes in enjoyment.

This is "Purple Dragon" with Rider 36. Purple Dragon is the only horse in our group from Hong Kong who can finish 80Km in good time. He loves to kick and bite, and cannot bare to be overtaken by another horse. If he were better fed and properly trained, he would make a champion or a runner up.

This is "Barn Barn" with Rider 25. He is the laziest horse in our group, one with the calmest temperament and cute as a lamb! Rider 25 said his legs were all sore cause he had to push Barn barn every step of the way!Barn Barn definately needs more training and encouragement.

Last but not least, is "Green Clouds" with rider 18. Green Clouds was the first horse with a female rider to reach the Vet station 1 , but she could not register properly so she lost a good 20 minutes's time ( a lesson to be learnt).

Our supporting crew from Hong Kong. All 8 of them stood all day in the fog and bitter cold (yes, even the Panda outfit is not warm enough). Our gratitude and hugs to our great supporting team members.

Rider 73 waiting at the start with Black Beauty. It was so foggy that morning that the race was deferred for 1 hour to 9:30am. That pushed the finish time one hour further down the road.

This is "Iron Man" with Rider 76. Iron Man is the best looking horse in our group, and loves to trott a lot!

Puppy with Rider 67 at the start. The organizers did a great job at the opening. Great music, great performance with the white ponies, and great start without the chaos of last April! Good Job!

Rider 75 with his horse from Ili, Xinjiang. We were proud to be just next to one of the champion horses in the same group at the start. 75 is one beautiful looking horse with calm temperament! I should have asked the rider and horse for an autograph! Later on, I found out that his name is "Little Yellow Dragon" and 75 is the same horse who has won the 2009 April Yonding River Endurance Race!

Other riders from Chung Ching waiting to start.

We saw some beautiful looking horses with colourful matching outfit too.

As we turned back from the 5th stamp (between 50Km and 60Km stretch) along the river bed, 2 riders before us were stopped and threatened by a man with an 8 inch long knife. All seven of us have to stop by the roadside to wait for the Police to come. It is unthinkable that such an incident can happen in the middle of an endurance race in Beijing. As we waited and waited, our horses got cold and the momentum was gone! Sigh! We heard later on that the guy was a shepherd who was drunk. Could he have been pissed off by so many riders going through his field?

Poor Big Bun got chilled waiting and he was all wet and hungry! If Endurance Race is all about endurance, this is one great enduring horse!!!!

By the time the police came and took the drunken man away, it was already late and sun was setting fast. At the finish line (60Km vet station), we were in total darkness! We sadly decided not to go on (although we had headlamps on) for the sake of the safety of the horses and riders. Anything could happen in the dark and foggy environment in the next 20 Km.

Looking back, we were very glad we participated in this race. Thanks to all the horses who came all the way from Mongolia's Shi Ling Ge Le.

We also wish to thank the organizers, they did their very best despite the fact that some riders were very uncooperative (especially at the 1st vet station), and the weather was not so great, I think they did a much better job than last time. And thanks to the volunteers and horse loving spectators who stood all day in the cold weather! A great day indeed!

[此贴子已经被作者于2009/12/2 17:06:28编辑过]

h4v6sY

已有(7)人评论

跳转到指定楼层

主题

回帖

1万

积分

超级版主

积分

超级版主勋章小马勋章乳马勋章

QQ
花香 发表于 2009-11-30 14:11:00
Galbie,it is really very happy to know all of your guys in the race.Hope to see your guys in the near future. h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

出生小驹

积分
马匹后援 发表于 2009-11-30 18:22:00

beautiful pics.

I recognize you, Galbie, I examined your Big Bun in the compitition. 

h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

阿拉伯翘尾巴

积分
Galbie 发表于 2009-11-30 18:32:00

花香 & 马匹后援 : Thanks! Without your hard work, this competition would not be possible. Actually, all the volunteers and vets are so friendly and helpful. It makes the competition much more enjoyble!

Keep up your good work!

[em44][em40][em41] h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

奥登堡大种马

积分
QQ
arsalan 发表于 2009-11-30 20:00:00

Thank you Galbie!

God bless you all!

h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

游客

积分
卡FU 发表于 2009-11-30 22:36:00

哇!!全是英文呀,这里还有外国的朋友啊.

h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

阿拉伯翘尾巴

积分
Galbie 发表于 2009-12-2 17:28:00
h4v6sY
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

管理员

积分
火龙驹 发表于 2009-12-2 17:58:00
let friendship and horsemanship come first! Hurray for Mongolian horses!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈