Arrogate wins world’s richest horse race

[复制链接]

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
C2pZngFWIAET2Cq.jpg

Arrogate wins world’s richest horse race
(CNN) – Arrogate powered through the final stages of the initial Pegasus World Cup on Saturday, easily winning the $7 million first prize.
Shaman Ghost was second and Neolithic finished third.
Arrogate was running so well, jockey Mike Smith admitted he let his horse “gear down” over the final 100 yards.
“Another incredible performance,” Smith said, referring to Arrogate’s win in November’s epic Breeders’ Cup Classic. “He’s got some turn off foot; he’s got some stride.”
There were 12 horses running, and their owners paid $1 million each as part of the richest pot in horse racing history. The new race ends the two-decade reign of the $10 million Dubai World Cup atop the prestige stakes.
Many eyes were transfixed on top-ranked Arrogate and No. 2 California Chrome, who was seeking revenge in his final race before retirement. The 2014 Kentucky Derby winner was chased down by the newcomer at the Breeders’ Cup.
But California Chrome was never a factor and finished well back.
“Chrome just didn’t fire his race,” Smith said.
A total of 12,000 racegoers were expected to attend the race at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida, just north of Miami.

在位列2016全球100大一级赛榜首的美国育马者杯经典赛(600万美元,2000米)以及刚刚结束的全球奖金最高(1200万美元,1800米)的飞马世界杯中,连续击败两届美国马王“加州铬”之后,现世界排名第一的“鸠占鹊巢”(Arrogate)已经可以自豪的宣布:它已经是名副其实的新晋世界马王。
值得一提的是,本来仅限12匹马出赛的飞马世界杯没有“鸠占鹊巢”。是它的马主从原报名马匹那里高价买到的珍贵名额,据悉,实际价格远超当初规定的100万美元报名费。从中也可以看出“鸠占鹊巢”的团队对他的信心。而最终,它也证明了自己值得信赖。
微博:http://weibo.com/wanggiyan/

已有(2)人评论

跳转到指定楼层
美国菜 发表于 2017-1-30 08:52:26
101.jpg
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

回帖

积分

版主

仟駟酋长

积分

小马勋章乳马勋章壮马勋章快马勋章野马勋章卡巴金的串勋章卡巴金勋章顿河大种马勋章蒙古蛇盘腿勋章汗血千里马勋章超级大马疯勋章版主勋章超级版主勋章

QQ
阿尔萨兰 发表于 2017-2-2 14:33:35
The Pegasus World Cup was a Hit
Horse Racing News: The Pegasus World Cup was a Hit
vanessa_hudgens_pegasus_world_cup_january_28_2017_uzqs5Y4r.sized_.jpg
The Stronach Group’s inaugural running of the $12 Million Pegasus World Cup Invitational was held on Saturday, January 28th, at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Florida, to a crowd of more than 12,000 fans.
Total handle on the $12 million Pegasus World Cup on Saturday at Gulfstream Park in Florida was $15.68 million when including all multi-race wagers that ended with this race, according to Equibase’s official chart.
Trainer Quotes
Bob Baffert (trainer Arrogate, 1st): “Yeah. I thought he might be on the lead. You know Mike, he was pretty comfortable there.
“He broke well, as well as he could. He just ran his race. I kept
waiting for the matchup with Chrome, but he just didn’t bring his race
today. It’s too bad.”
“We expected to win, but he got a little tired at the end., He probably
needed it badly.”
Mark Casse (trainer Noble Bird, 6th): “We did all we could do. That’s the only way he can run. What a good horse Arrogate is. We were setting some fractions and he was just sitting there lapping.”
Todd Pletcher (trainer Keen Ice, 4th, and Neolithic, 3rd): “For Neolithic we wanted to establish some position into the first turn and we wanted possibly to make the lead if he could the right way. When he didn’t we thought he got into the spot we needed to be. I thought he ran really well.”
“Keen Ice got a little further back than we wanted. It seemed like it took him awhile to get on track. Finally in the last eighth of a mile he finished up well. It was one of things we were concerned about him was Gulfstream at a mile and eighth is probably not his perfect distance. He really is a mile and a quarter horse. It takes him awhile to get going. But I think he ran really well.”
“The winner is very good. We were hoping to maybe beat him to the punch the first turn and take a little dirt on him. But he got into a good spot and Mike [Smith] was able to move him out in the clear on the backside. He was too good.”
Dale Romans (trainer Prayer for Relief, 10th): “I think that we watched a fabulous horse race. My horse is an old horse who tried. He ran around there and it looks like he came back good. We knew we were up against it but bigger than that, this thing worked what Frank [Stronach] did. It’s one of the most enjoyable days I’ve ever participated in in horse racing.”
Art Sherman (trainer California Chrome, 9th): “It looks like he scrambled away from there and couldn’t get his footing. It looked like he wasn’t getting a hold of the racetrack, like maybe his feet were getting out from under him. I don’t know why, he worked good over it. I need to talk to Victor and go back to the barn to make sure he’s alright.”
“It’s been an unbelievable journey with him, even in defeat. You have such a good run. Not every horse can keep the record up like he has.”
JOCKEY QUOTES
Victor Espinoza (jockey California Chrome, 9th): “He faded by the half-mile pole. I was pretty much done by that point, but the whole race he never really got into the race. I sent him from there to get position but I didn’t want to get too wide, and I was perfect. I was just third and so nice and at the five-eighths pole I didn’t feel like I had that power. There wasn’t enough gas in there. He was empty. I hope he’s OK. It looks like he’s OK. He might have bled or something, who knows what happened. The main thing is he came out of the race good, sound. There’s nothing we can do. Honestly, there’s nothing I can tell you I could have done different. He was just empty today. At the first turn I thought I was good but when we hit the five-eighths, he just completely shut down. I just couldn’t keep up with the ones in front of me. He just started backing up and just wasn’t the same. It looks like he’s OK. Sound-wise I think he’s good. He’s done a lot. Sometimes he’s going to throw in one of those bad races and one of those bad times was today.”
Jose Ortiz (jockey Shaman Ghost, 2nd): “I had a perfect trip. That’s what we wanted to do, kind of be in the second group mid-pack and it worked out well. When I saw California Chrome at the half-mile pole getting done, I knew I had a good chance to run second or maybe win, but Arrogate drew off so I knew I got second. My horse was running really, really hard underneath of me and I couldn’t get even close. In the end, [Arrogate jockey] Mike [Smith] wrapped up but it was a huge effort by my horse. I’m really, really impressed with how he ran. It was my first time on him and it was a great training job by Mr. Jerkens. I have to thank Mr. [Frank] Stronach and Jimmy for giving me this opportunity.”
Luis Saez (jockey War Envoy, 11th): “My horse stumbled when he broke from the gate. He tried to break so fast, he’d been running on the turf and that’s why he stumbled. He made a nice move at the 5/8 pole, but that was it.”
Mike Smith (jockey Arrogate, 1st): “Once I got out going into the far turn I knew we were going to be very tough to beat. He had a lot of run today and I was very happy. As far as winning the world’s richest race, I’m absolutely numb.
John Velazquez (jockey Neolithic, 3rd): “Perfect. He didn’t break as good as I wanted and I had to use him. I put him in a nice position going into the first turn. He was pretty good on the first turn but once we got to the backstretch he got into the bridle and that was it. He ran as good as he could today.”
“The inaugural Pegasus World Cup Invitational is on the books and what a day!” said Belinda Stronach, Chairman and President, The Stronach Group. “The energy and excitement of the race of the decade, between the winner Arrogate and fan favorite California Chrome, was matched only by an incredible South Florida day of entertainment, celebrities, fashion and fun.”
Guests included Aaron Paul, Bobby Flay, Carson Kressley, Charlie Crist, DJ Cassidy, DJ Ruckus, Eddie Olczyk, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Gene Simmons, Hannah Bronfman, Ingrid Hoffmann, Juanes, Karolina Kurkova, Kelly Klein, Ki-Jana Carter, Laffit Pincay III, Maria Menounos, Matt Iseman, Mike Ditka, Mike Tirico, Nic Roldan, Patrick Knapp Schwarzenegger, Randy Moss, Ray Allen, Ray Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Tony Dorsett, Trombone Shorty, Tyrod Taylor, Usher and Vanessa Hudgens, among others.
Champion Arrogate, with Jockey Mike Smith, proved why he is the world’s number one horse. Arrogate won the richest race ever run by 4 3/4 lengths over Shaman Ghost, and the only reason it was that close is because Smith took his foot off the gas long before the wire.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈