你要投身马术行业?来听听George Morris的建议(一)

[复制链接]

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
For Prospective Horseman

“如果没有丰富的知识与经验,不了解马匹的优势与短处,买马将是一项昂贵的、高风险的任务......” ——George H. Morris

1.jpg

George H. Morris(1938.2.26—),是美国知名的马术骑手、教练和裁判员,曾任美国场地障碍国家马术队领队及总教练。1960年罗马奥运会代表美国队获团体银牌。数十次国家冠军队成员,赢得过传统大赛德国亚琛及加拿大卡尔加里的冠军。14岁就成为最年轻的美国国家队冠军。曾带领美国队获得2008年北京奥运会团体金牌,2006年FEI世界马术大会个人和团体银牌。他的学生遍及世界各地,取得过不计其数的世界马术障碍赛冠军,其中包括著名的美国骑手 Beezie Madden 和德国骑手 Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum。Morris 还曾被英国马术杂志《马术师实践》誉为世纪骑手,深受马术圈内人士的敬重。

2.jpg

我一直觉得能够成为一名马术爱好者是一项特殊礼遇,而能够成为一名专业马业从业者则更是一项极罕见的特别礼遇。

马儿可能是这个世界上最尊贵的生物。它也肯定是我们星球上最美丽的生物。与马一起工作并且能够以此为生,是极少数非常幸运的人们才能够经历的。但是我们当中有很多人被马术运动的技术性细节与竞赛光环搞得失去理智的判断,往往会忘记我们的马匹同样是活生生的,感知丰富的生物。

3.jpg

下面所述的观点是我对一名专业马术人士应具备素质的看法:

你应是一位负责任的,成熟、理智的男士或女士,了解并有能力经营一项马术事业,支付应付账单,管理好骑乘设施,选择并照顾好马匹,传递马术精神,指导骑乘课程,训练马匹,与人打交道,并指导骑手与马匹参加竞赛。

因为马匹是你之所以成为专业马术人士的原因,所以任何一项决定和选择都应从马匹福利是第一位的角度考虑。对我而言,首要职责是管理并维护好马匹居住的设施、骑手骑马的场地和进行训练的地方。不必豪华昂贵,但应整洁、干净、简单并且安全。

4.jpg

专业马术人士的再一项职责是选择、照顾和打理马匹。如果没有丰富的知识与经验,不了解马匹的优势与短处,买马将是一项昂贵的、高风险的任务。在买马这件事上,我们都会犯错,我曾经说过,我买马还是相当在行的,因为我70%的概率是正确的!在买马这件事上,没有人100%是正确的。

5.jpg

买马(或其它任何东西)是容易的,但要保养并保持好马匹的健康与运动水平难度就大多了。把马匹漂亮地照顾好,才有可能进行好训练与骑乘,一名专业马术人士应当首先被人们赞誉为一名优秀的护理师。

6.jpg

我们每个人与他人相处的方式都不尽相同。我管理身边的工作人员会有着偏军事化的作风,可能是因为我以前的老师们都有过军队官员的经历。但这一特点并不适用于所有人。我们要打交道的人包括:马工、经理、秘书、木匠、骑手、教练、马主、兽医、掌工等等,很难让大家都步调一致,每个人都高兴。

7.jpg

(待续)

Advice For The Prospective Horseman(一)

I feel that being a horseman is a privilege, and being a professional horseman is a rare privilege indeed.

The horse may be our most noble creature. He is certainly our most beautiful creature. To be able to work with and make a living with him is something few people are lucky enough to experience.Most of us get so wrapped up in the technical and competitive aspects of equestrian sports that we tend to forget the horse is also a living, feeling being.

Professional in any field are telling the public that they're experts and they can now be paid for their expertise. They are responsible, grown men and women who know how to conduct a business, pay their bills, maintain a riding facility, select and maintain horses properly, teach horsemanship, give riding lessons, train horses, and, in our world, handle people and horses at horse shows.

Because the horse is the reason for being for the professional horseman,every decision and choice must be made in the interest of the horse.To me,the first obligation is the facility where the horses live, the riders ride, and the training takes place. A  professional must learn how to physically house horses and riders. This doesn't mean fancy and costly, but it does mean neat, clean,simple and safe.

The next obligation as a professional is the selection, care and handling of horses.Buying horses is much too risky and expensive to do without an extensive knowledge of the horse, his beauties and defects. We all make mistakes in buying horses. I tell people I'm pretty good at buying horses because I'm 70 percent right! Nobody is 100 percent on the mark when it comes to buying horses.

It's easy to buy a horse (or anything) ; it's much harder to maintain it. Taking care of a horse beautifully comes well before good training or good riding. Aprofessional must acquire the reputation for being a good, preferably top,caretaker.

Each of us gets along differently with people. I have a rather militant personality in dealing with people I hire in the horse world, probably because all of my teachers were ex-Army officers. This approach won't work for everyone. The people we have to associate with include staff (grooms, managers, secretaries,carpenters, riders, trainers, owners, veterinarians and blacksmiths). It's hard to keep them all in line and content, with themselves and with one another.

(To Be Continued)

来源:天星调良马术

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈