The Queen smiles on as Nick Skelton's retirement ceremony

[复制链接]
阿尔萨兰 发表于 2017-5-18 00:06:06 [显示全部楼层] 回帖奖励 倒序浏览 阅读模式 0 1200

马上注册,结交更多马友,享用更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
The Queen smiles on as Nick Skelton's horse steals the show at their retirement ceremonyThe Queen smiles on as Nick Skelton's horse steals the show at their retirement ceremonyThe Queen watched on from the Royal Box as Skelton, 59, and Big Star bid an emotional farewell to showjumping [size=0.9]CREDIT: PAUL GROVER / JASON DAWSON
  • 14 MAY 2017 • 8:35PM
Veteran show jumper Nick Skelton raised a smile from the Queen as his horse made sure it was centre of attention at their last hurrah together.
Big Star, with whom Skelton has attended two Olympic Games, bucked its hind legs as the pair walked around the arena on the final day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show on Sunday.

CREDIT: PAUL GROVER

The Queen, known for her love of the animals, watched on from the Royal Box as Skelton, 59, and Big Star bid an emotional farewell to showjumping at their joint retirement ceremony.

The Queen was in the Royal Box [size=0.9]CREDIT: JASON DAWSON

CREDIT: PAUL GROVER FOR THE TELEGRAPH
He has won more championships than any other British competitor and has taken part in six Olympic Games. In Rio he became Britain's oldest Olympic champion in more than 100 years when he took the individual show jumping title, riding on Big Star.
Fans were stood several deep outside the arena, craning for a view as Skelton rode through a guard of honour formed by officials and riders.

CREDIT: STEVE PARSONS/PA
Wearing his Great Britain team jacket and adorned by his Rio gold medal, a clearly moved Skelton said his public goodbye.
"From the day we bought Big Star when he was five-years-old, I had it in my mind that he could win an Olympic gold medal," Skelton said.

CREDIT: PAUL GROVER FOR THE TELEGRAPH
"He has been an outstanding horse, and he has never let me down.
"I have an amazing team around me, and I have been very lucky all my life.
"I've had the most wonderful horses, great owners and great sponsors, and I am very proud of what I have done.
"I would do it all again if I could."

Nick Skelton's retirement prompted tears in the stands [size=0.9]CREDIT: JASON DAWSON
Speaking to the Daily Telegraph this weekend. Skelton said he had had "a good innings".  He said from the moment he met Big Star, he knew the animal had the "X-factor you look for".
"Without him I definitely wouldn’t have been there in London and Rio," he said.
The horse is also retiring from competition, and will go to stud.
Skelton will continue working with young horses at his base near Alcester in Warwickshire, while also closely following the racing fortunes of his sons.

微博:http://weibo.com/wanggiyan/
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

马术网微信服务号
微信服务号
马术网微信订阅号
微信订阅号
意见
反馈